'Features of A Curriculum Design Manual for Theological Education: A Learning Outcomes Focus 'by LeRoy Ford
- Fifteen complete descriptions for courses in various disciplines of theological education. All descriptions are in the learning outcomes format.
- A complete set of goals and objectives upon which each chapter is based. These statements, when combined with the goals and objectives for the manual itself, constitute a complete description for a course in "Curriculum Design in Theological Education."
- Guidelines for elaborating the essential elements of curriculum design: institutional purpose; program, division, and department purposes; scope; educational goals and objectives for learners; multiple contexts; methodology; and instructional and administrative models.
- Four hundred learning outcomes at the level of meaningful performance.
- An emphasis on making spiritual formation part of every course in the curriculum plan.
- Three essentials for the learning outcomes approach: a statement of goals and objectives, use of appropriate methods and activities, and development and use of appropriate testing and evaluation procedures.
- An emphasis on the multiple contexts which constitute an element of curriculum design.
- Twenty questions which designers must confront in considering the role of affective goals and objectives in curriculum design in theological education.
- Appropriate reader response opportunities.
- The essentials of a core curriculum.
-Glossary of terms used in curriculum design.
Endorsements & Reviews-
This manual is designed for use by:
- Curriculum designers - Curriculum revisers - Persons involved in institutional self-study for reaccreditation by accreditation agencies
LeRoy Ford is Professor of Foundations of Education, Emeritus, The Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is author of 'Design for Teaching and Training: A Self-study Guide to Lesson Planning', 'Design for Teaching and Training: A Teacher's Guide to Interactive Instruction', and 'A Manual for Curriculum Design in Theological Education: A Learning Outcomes Focus', as well as many other books on instructional methods and media.