Terms, Policies, and Security
- Copyright Notice
The terms "Wipf and Stock Publishers," "us," and "we" refer to the owner of the website, whose registered office is 199 West 8th Avenue, Suite 3, Eugene, Oregon, 97401-2960. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Wipf and Stock Publishers' prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the State of Oregon and the United States of America.
Wipf and Stock Publishers' Copyright Notice
This website and its content is copyright of "Wipf and Stock Publishers" - © "Wipf and Stock Publishers" 2014. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents, in any form other than the following, is prohibited:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Neither may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Please see our Returns Policy for full details.
Examination and Desk Copy Policy
Examination copies of textbooks are provided upon request to instructors at recognized institutions who wish to review a text for possible class adoption. Exam copies are limited to one copy per title, per professor. If you decide not to adopt the title as a course text, we ask that you return the exam copy to us; please address it to the attention of our returns manager, Tom Gillies, and include the original packing slip.
We reserve the right to refuse exam copies to individuals who abuse the policy.
All desk copies mailed to destinations outside of the United States will include shipping charges; we will ship via USPS Priority Mail International, or whatever is the least expensive method.
Effective June 1, 2007
Privacy Notice Table of Contents:
Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested.
The Information We Collect
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the Wipf and Stock Publishers website. On some pages, you can order products, make requests, and register to receive materials. The personal information collected on these pages includes but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit/debit card information
How We Use Information
We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete an order.
We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online without also giving you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such uses.
Wipf and Stock Publishers is committed to securing the data of our customers. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In our efforts to protect your online transactions, we use a technology called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). If your browser is capable of SSL (and most are), your personal information will be automatically encrypted before it is sent over the Internet.
Wipfandstock.com (and its divisions) has obtained an SSL digital certificate from DigiCert, a leading provider of Internet trust services.
When you enter a secure area of our site (that is, any page containing any of your personal information), "https://" will appear in the URL field along with either an image of a closed green lock or a closed lock. If you click on the lock image, a small window displaying SSL certificate information will appear. This certificate guarantees that your personal information is being transmitted in secure (encrypted) form to our web server and not to some unknown or unauthorized server.
All online payments are securely processed by Authorize.net (a division of CyberSource, a Visa company) and PayPal (an eBay company).
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. If using a shared computer, be sure to sign off when you have finished.
You also have the option to access Wipfandstock.com (and its divisions' websites) from your mobile or wireless device. When using your mobile device or a wireless network, the carrier or network administrator may have access to your personal information. For information regarding your carrier or network administrator's treatment of your information, please consult their respective privacy policies.
Sensitive personal information (especially credit card information) should never be communicated through an unsecure means such as email.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of our customer service representatives via the Contact Us link.