'Baptists have existed in Europe for four hundred years and have developed rich Christian traditions of their own. This volume provides a window into their beliefs and practices. It embraces the whole of the continent, covering worship, church order, mission, and ethics. The book will be a standard work of reference for understanding this vigorous body of Christians.'
- David Bebbington, Professor of History, University of Stirling
'The Dictionary meets well the interest of European Baptists in their own heritage, theology, and missions, as well as socio-political contributions within a variety of cultures, languages, and peoples that make up the European Baptist Federation. The book can provide European Baptists with a sense of 'belonging' to a particular family within the one, apostolic Church of Jesus Christ.'
- Erich Geldbach, Professor Emeritus of Ecumenical Studies, Ruhr-University Bochum
'This rich trove of information and insight strengthens European Baptist identity by allowing Baptists across Europe to understand each other better and to share conversation. It is full of knowledge that enriches understanding and provokes reflection--and dipping into its pages offers the chance to learn things we didn't know we didn't yet know!'
- Ruth Gouldbourne, Minister of Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church and a former Tutor at Bristol Baptist College
'The Dictionary is a major outcome of a growing Interest in the development of a distinctively European Baptist identity. As such it will prove an invaluable reference book which explores the life and faith of Baptists in the region in both its rich (and sometimes bewildering) diversity and its essential unity. The Editors are to be congratulated on bringing this significant project to completion.'
- Tony Peck, General Secretary of the European Baptist Federation
'This concise volume is an informative introduction to the great diversity among European Baptists today. It calls attention to the great strides they have made in spreading the gospel among the peoples of this region and the vital role they play in the world Baptist community.'
- Richard V. Pierard, Professor of History Emeritus, Indiana State University, and General Editor of Baptists Together in Christ 1905-2005: A Hundred Year History of the Baptist World Alliance (2005)
'This wide-ranging Dictionary encompasses topics historical, theological, liturgical, organizational, ethical, and missiological. Baptists of the European Baptist Federation will learn much about themselves; Baptists in other parts of the world who think that all Baptists are as they are will gasp with amazement; other European Christians will find much that echoes their own thought and experience, as well as some thought-provoking points of difference.'
- Alan P. F. Sell, Visiting Professor of Theology, Acadia University Divinity College