From the author's Introduction:
As this book's subtitle has it, it's a "potpourri." That expression can be defined as "a mixture of dried petals and spices placed in a bowl to perfume a room." But, having just published--at New Reformation Press--a little culinary masterpiece (A Gastronomic Vade-Mecum), I am thinking in terms of the secondary definition: "an unusual or interesting mixture of ingredients." Either way, you will surely enjoy this collection of essays. They are unusual and interesting--and they will perfume your thinking as to ultimate issues.
A sampling of essays in the present collection:
- Resurrection and Legal Evidence
- Did Jesus Physically Rise from the Dead?
- Chronological Contradictions in the Gospels?
- A More Consistent Application of Literary "Higher Criticism"
- A Short and Easie Method with Postmodernists
- Law & Morality: Friends or Foes?
- Demon Possession: A Brief Commentary
- Muslims As Two-Faced
- The Stereotypic Clergyman
- On Innovative Theologians
- Racism in American Lutheranism
- Do Christian Children lose Contact with Reality?
- Those Who Have Not Heard the Gospel: A Construct
- Terrorism and Revolution: Are They Ever Justified?
Professor Montgomery, who is an American, British, and French citizen and who resides in Strasbourg, France, is a polymath, the author of more than 60 books in 5 languages, and a world-renowned defender of classic Christian faith. His credentials include:
- Ph.D. (U. Chicago), D.Theol. (U. Strasbourg, France), LL.D. (Cardiff U., Wales), plus 8 other academic degrees.
- Professor Emeritus of Law and Humanities, University of Bedfordshire (U.K.); Distinguished Professor-at-Large, 1517: The Legacy Project (California, U.S.A.); Director, International Academy of Apologetics, Evangelism and Human Rights (Strasbourg, France).
- Barrister-at-Law (England and Wales); Avocat a la Cour (Paris); Member of the California, District of Columbia, Virginia, and Washington State bars, and the bar of the Supreme Court of
the United States; Certified Fraud Examiner.
- Honorary Chairman, Academic Board, International Institute for Religious Freedom, World Evangelical Fellowship.
Websites: www.jwm.christendom.co.uk, www.apologeticsacademy.eu, www.newreformationpress.com/jwm-books, www.newreformationpress.com/jwm-audio